Monday, February 18, 2008

Getting Bigger, not me but the little one!

Wow a lot can happen in a few days. On Thursday, Valentine's Day we took Garrett for his two month check-up (if you are wondering the Doctors office was a little late, he is almost three months) Anyways, he has definitely packed on the pounds. He now weighs 14 lbs 14 oz and is 24.5 inches long. Can you believe it? He has almost doubled in size since he was born. The Doctor was very pleased with his progress and said that we will probably start him on cereals and baby food after our next check up. Then he will really be a big boy.

On another note, on Saturday we discovered that there was a small scandal happening at our daycare. Did I say small, I mean BIG, all over the news big. One of the employees was accused of touching a 4 year old little girl. With this news and no word from our daycare themselves; we decided that Garrett would not be going back. Even though he only spent one week there. Today I woke up early and started calling everyone to find a new location. Amazingly, I was successful. I am super excited about the place we found and cannot wait for him to start later this week. It is small, much closer to both of our jobs, a Christian school that teaches them about values and works to build their educational foundation. And so much more. With the recent events Bill and I were both even more inquisitive when it came to getting to know the people we would be leaving our child with and the school itself. I feel even better about bringing Garrett to the new daycare and look forward to many more positive progress reports. I am also excited because I can take him to school too and not drive half way across town. YEAH!!!! Out of the storm comes calm.

P.S. We are all starting to feel better. Big YEAH!!!! Back to work we go.

0 comments: