Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunburned!!!!

This week I went back to week after one week at a conference, wow I hate coming back from a break. As nice as it was to get away, it sucks coming back to 70 emails, ewww! Anyways, the week flew by and it is again the weekend. And the weekend flew by and it will again be Monday in the morning. I guess that is the way the week works. Anyways...

This weekend was really nice we went to a jazz concert on Friday after a nice dinner for two on Dickson Street. Exposure to culture again was really nice. I haven't been to a cultural event in a while or at least one involving the ARTS! If only I can get Bill to take me to a dance concert next. I think for now "So you think you can dance" will be the closest to a dance concert that I will get, as he will only watch a few minutes of that show, with fast forward involved. Saturday, Bill went to his first day of training for the Benton County Dive Rescue Team. He is super excited to break out his dive gear and meet some new people, as well as make a difference. While he had fun at the lake, I went shopping. My friend Kathleen sent us a poster of a sailboat for Garrett's room, so I went and got that framed. I was also able to find some cute clothes. Thankfully they do make a few cute maternity clothes. Both of us were pooped after a full morning, but we still managed to make it out to Nate and Abby's house for a cookout. We enjoyed ourselves and Bill reminisced over his old charcoal grill as he just upgraded and donated our old one to Nate and Abby.

Today, we went back to the swimming area that Bill discovered on Beaver Lake yesterday. We packed our lunches and stopped off to buy a float or two. We found a little spot that we thought would be peaceful, yet we later were found by every kid at the park, as they decided to jump off the bluff right next to us. Anyways after 4 hours in the sun and lake, neither of us realized how much sun we actually got. Let's just say that both of us have raccoon eyes from our sunglasses and will proudly sport them as we go back to work tomorrow. However, I think we both agree that we will have to go back. $4 at a public park on the lake is much better than sneaking into the neighborhood pool at the apartment complex next to us. Let's just say IF the kids were saying obscene things we could not understand them as they were speaking Spanish and surrounded by their parents, verses yelling curse words at the pool in our neighborhood. I will take a day at the lake any day over an hour at the complex pool.

Anyways, I believe it is time for this mom-to-be to head to bed. Good night!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl,

I've been reading your blog, getting all caught up! Sounds like you all are having a blast with Mr. Garrett. I can't wait to meet him.

If you need a hostess for a baby shower, don't hesitate to ask. I would be honored!

And I read about Bill being on a diving team, like for dead bodies? If so, I bet he'll meet Drew!

Let's do lunch again! Soon!!

I'll talk to you tonight hopefully.
~Danae