Sunday, June 24, 2007

18 Weeks

Well, no picture for this week. My photographer is working in North Carolina. He actually took today and went up to Linville Falls and is hiking up Grandfather mountain. My grandmother called him and asked to him to check out her property while he was up there, he stopped by and said everything looks great. I am sad that I couldn't be with him to go back and visit the spot that we vacationed so much as kids. I think he would really like to move to or at least visit North Carolina a lot. I believe that he is truly enjoying all of the nature in the area.

While he is gone we have been busy though. Ruby and I went for a 1.5 mile walk today. I think I pooped her out, because half way through our walk she stopped at the front of the park and just laid down in the shade and would not get up. I ended up carrying her almost half way home, good thing she only ways 10 pounds. After we got back I decided to cut out some of her knots and ended up giving her a total hair cut and then a bath. I know Bill doesn't like her hair too short but hopefully he will be ok with this cut.

Baby Healy is definitely a mover and a shaker. I finally got to feel the baby move at the start of last week (Father's Day) and he/she has not stopped since. A couple times a day I can feel a little flutter or a bump. How Cool!!!! I went to my AOII Alumni meeting earlier this week and one of the Alums recommended "Girlfriends guide to Pregnancy" she said it was the best book. It is described as everything you are too embarrassed to ask your doctor or they don't tell you up front. It is such a good book and I highly recommend it to any friends that are pregnant for the first time. Anyways, Bill and I are getting so excited, only one week til we get to find out whether we are having a boy or a girl. Once we know the sex we plan on going shopping and registering. We are super excited, we are counting down the days.

Names we have started thinking about:
William Garrett
Madeline "Maddie" Elizabeth
Emma Elizabeth

Both of our grandmothers are Betty, so we wanted to add a form of their name in honor of them if it is a girl. If it is a boy we wanted to keep the William, but we will call him by his middle name. Obviously we still have a lot of time and things could still change.

0 comments: