Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Excitement Continues...

As you all know now that Bill and I are very excited and looking forward to planning our futures together. We however, are also very excited to be planning our family too! Shortly after deciding to get engaged we found out that we are expecting. Yes, that is right I said expecting a baby! At first this was as much of a shock to us as it is to you I am sure. We have had a chance to let the information soak in and we are so excited. Hopefully if on time, we will become parents shortly after this Thanksgiving. I am due 11/23/07 the Friday after Thanksgiving. When we first found out and went to the doctor they thought that I was 6 weeks along, but shortly there after we found out we were actually 8 and half weeks pregnant, what a surprise. They moved my due date up. Today I started the first day of week 16! Almost 4 months pregnant, can you believe it, because I can't.

Telling the Parents:
I kept trying to get my parents up to Fayetteville, because we wanted to tell them in person. After many hints to get them up here they still were not committing to coming up. I found out that my sister-in-law is also expecting at the same time. I was shocked and everyone was like, you two need to stay a little longer when you come home for Thanksgiving. In my mind I was thinking we will be a little busy. After hearing this news I finally decided since they weren't coming up anytime soon that we should just tell them, after all this is a hard secret to keep. Bill and I talked about it and decided to send them a package for Mother's Day. I decorated two baby outfits, one with Baby Wolek, eta 11/27.07 (Amy's due date) and another with Baby Healy 11/23/07 (our due date). I included a Grandparents-to-be card and inside wrote, "I guess the Wolek family will have two times as much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!" We included a picture of the sonogram, too. My parents were shocked yet excited. The best part is they ended up coming up two weeks later and when they got off the plane they were wearing Grandma and Grandpa shirts, they are too cute.

We sent a similar package to Bill's mom with a card. He called her the Saturday before Mother's Day to see if she had gotten the package yet. She had and was waiting for Mother's day to open it. He insisted that she open it now and learn the news. She too was excited and shocked.

Bill sent his dad the message in his birthday card one week later. He was excited for grandchild number 8!

It was official all the parents knew about their upcoming roles as grandparents. Now it was time to start telling our friends and the rest of our family. Over the the course of the next few weeks we started to inform all of our friends about all of our exciting news. I apologize to any of our friends that we have not called yet, or if it took a while to call you. We have been spending a lot of our time on the phone, needless to say our phone bills will probably be outrageous this month.

We are so excited for the chapter in our lives and we hope that you will be too.

0 comments: