Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Engaged

We are so excited!!!! We are engaged as of May 23, 2007. Bill asked me to marry him Wednesday morning.

How?
Bill woke up early around 5:45 am since he could not sleep any more after working nights for two weeks on a project. He held off the dog (Ruby) from barking and waking me up until I got up around 6:30 am. He had my coffee ready for me and we sat and talked just like any Saturday morning, only it was Wednesday. As we sat and talked for over an hour we just had a chance to catch up from being away from each other for a week and half. Towards the end of the conversation Bill said that he has been thinking of the best way to do this, but could not think of a better time. Bill pulled out the ring and I started to cry. I always thought it was silly when girls said they could not remember what exactly their fiance said to ask them, but the rush of emotions really do play an impact on your memory. Naturally we were both thrilled and the rest is history.

Unfortunatley we both had to go to work after such a great morning.

Asking the Parents:
He asked my parents at Easter and the poor boy had a hard time. We went to visit my family for Easter weekend in Orlando, FL. He knew he was going to ask, but really wanted to concentrate on getting to know everyone. He and my dad spent LOTS of time together. He stated that so many times he wanted to ask, but then I would walk up and it was no longer possible. Either that, or it could be the fact that I had never heard or seen my dad talk SO MUCH! I think my dad was just as nervous to meet him as he was to meet my dad. Needless to say it took till right before we were ready to leave for him to ask. He asked my mom before breakfast and she told him that he had to ask my dad too. Bill said yes, this I know but I have been trying to get you two together and it just hasn't happened. Finally while I was getting ready he asked my mom to help him out and call everyone together. He sat down with my mom, dad and my grandmother and explained his love for me and how he wanted to marry me. At that time, my grandmother offered her ring to him. Bill graciously accepted and stated that he would be honored to give me her ring.

The Ring:
We discussed several times what settings that we liked, but in the end we went together to pick out what would be the engagement ring. The lady that helped us recommended that we not change the ring since it was so pretty, but that we use our wedding rings to accent it. After looking at probably 50 rings that day, we decided to go back to the jeweler and keep my grandmother's ring in tact. It means so much to both of us that I am priviledged to wear her ring. I only hope that our marriage will be as successful and filled with love as her's and Poppy's was.



0 comments: